Select one of the reports from the list and click to open it.
Are you safe?
Mobile devices can be very distracting. We certainly do not want to cause an accident! Please make sure you are able to use the App safely. You should be:
- in a safe place – watch out for traffic, flammable chemicals etc. that could put you at risk
- standing still – how many of us have walked into something or tripped when we are distracted?
- not doing a hazardous activity – do not use a mobile phone whilst driving or operating machinery.
Do not use the mobile App if you answer yes to any of the above. Just press Cancel and send the report later
If all is OK, press I’m Safe to continue.
Answer the questions
You will see a list of questions. Read through. When you click in the answer box, a keyboard will open.
You will notice that some of the questions have
- Free text questions – here you can write anything in the answer box.
- Drop down – a list of possible answers is available, and you choose one
- Check box – a list of possible answers is available, and you can choose one or more
- Photos – clicking on the camera icon lets you use the camera on your device to take up to 3 photos. Depending on the settings, you may also be able to use pictures from your photo library. The app will ask for permission to access your camera and photo library.
- Signatures – use your finger to sign in the box. If you turn the screen to horizontal, the box will be bigger and it will be easier.
- Time – click to see a clock. The current time shows by default, and you can leave this or choose a new time
- Date – click to see a calendar. This shows the current date, but you can change this.
- Required questions – the form will not send if this is left blank. If you try, the astrix (stars) turn red to highlight the missing answer.
- Hidden questions – sometimes, if you answer ‘yes’ (cross the box for Android or slide to green for Apple) further questions will appear
- Encrypted questions – These protect sensitive information, for example people’s names. Your answer will only be able to be read by someone with the encryption key. Other people will see a row of stars. However, when you are entering the data, you can not tell if a question is encrypted or not.
Click Info for guidance
Some of the questions have an Info link in blue. Click on this to get instructions, read an example or guidance on how to answer the question.
Send the report
At the bottom of the form are buttons letting you:
- Cancel – this takes you back to the front page reports list without sending the report
- Save – only if you are logged in with an email and password. You can save a long report and finish it off later
- Send – your information is sent into the Proactively system. The data is secure. Only people who have the right permissions will be able to log into the web portal and read it.
Who can read the report?
Your data is encrypted and sent securely into the cloud.
- Notifications will be sent to your team leaders. Then can click on an email link which will take them directly to your report. They can now assign and track any actions needed.
- People with the correct permissions are also able to read your report
- Sensitive information, for example people’s names, can be collected through encrypted questions. This can only be seen by people with the encryption key.
Can I change information in the report once it has been sent?
Once the report has been sent, you are not able to access it again through the mobile App.
It is possible to find your answers in the Reports tab in the web portal. Here it can be edited. All changes are tracked in the history tab.
Can other people change my answers?
Other people are also able to change your answers. For example, it is important to have consistency across the company. If you are asked if the risk is high, medium or low, then you may choose High, but the Safety Manger has seem many of these reports, and he thinks it is Medium. When the Safety Manger changes the answer to Medium, this new response will be counted in the dashboard. It is possible to track back through the history tab and see who and when all changes were made. The history tab can not be deleted.