1. Get set up
- You will shortly receive a link by email from Proactively. This will ask you to set a password and take you to your company portal. The web portal is where information is viewed and managed
- Download the Proactively app from App store or Google play (it is the squirrel icon). Use your email and password as set in step 1 to link the app to your company. The mobile app is used to send information into the system. It works anywhere, even offline.
2. Use the mobile app to send a report
- Use the mobile app to send a report
Select one of the forms, complete the questions and press send.
This is just a small selection of our standard forms, and you can easily customise and make your own, see below.
Notice the different question types: a star (astrix) is a required question. Questions with sensitive information, such as names, may be encrypted and only viewed by people with the key.
For security, once sent the data is not stored on the phone. People cannot use the mobile app to view the report later, so you can give the app widely to your contractors.
3. Find your report in the Web Portal
Open the reports tab (A) to see a list of all the reports. Find a specific report using (B): word search or (C) the filters. Only open reports are shown in this first screen. To view closed reports filter properties> report status > closed >search. Frequently used filters can be saved in your “my searches’ area (D).
4. Read the report
Click on your chosen report to read the info.
If you wish to change any answers, to normalise them with other entries (eg. Risk rating), use edit (A). Any changes are shown in the history tab (B).
To share outside your company, export to PDF complete with your logo (C)
Note: the encrypted question (D)
click through the tabs:
- Overview– to assign an owner, probably the manager of the relevant department (if this is not you). Set the priority, due date etc.
- Report – to re-read the report.
- Notes – to add details as the report is managed
- Actions – assign actions and this person will receive a link by email notification to give easy access
- History – shows every stage of processing for the report, so you can keep track of progress. It is also very useful for the audit process.
5. Take action
Is any action needed?
- If no, then close the report in the overview tab. Note, it will now disappear from the main reports list, and can be read again by filtering on properties > report status > closed > search
- If yes, in the action tab describe the action, assign someone, and set a due date. The assigned person receives a link by email Try assigning to yourself.
6. Close the report
The manager (report owner) can now see the photo and knows the action is effective. Open the report and in the overview tab:
- Make sure the cause of any problems is noted
- Close the report in the report > overview tab
7. Analyse results in the dashboard
The dashboard is probably the most important screen, and what you want to see first when you open the web portal. To make it your home screen:
- In the web portal, click on your initials in the top right hand corner and choose ‘Settings’
- On the left, choose ‘My Homepage’. Select ‘Dashboard’ from the dropdown menu then ‘Update Homepage’ button to save.
Information comes in real time into the dashboard. Look at the different dashboards available and notice how figures change as you send more information into the system.
The dashboard is ‘self serve’ so you can edit the dashboard and create new ones. Click the edit button to show which information is shown in each panel. Add a target (your KPI).
8. Invite your colleagues
In the web portal admin>users>invite user (A) and enter their work email address.
As you are wanting your colleagues to be able to fully use the system, it is recommended that you give them all the permissions (B) and make them a leader of all the teams. (C) (note team leaders receive email notifications for their teams
9. Choose which email notifications you want to get
You only want to receive the notifications that are important to you. Customise this in the settings.
Click your initials in the top right corner and select settings. (A)
Choose notifications from the left hand menu (B) and tick the reports you wish to be notified about
Add advanced rules to filter so you see only the most important (C). This can use both ‘and’ and ‘or’ rules
10 Change questions in the app
You may want to change questions in the app forms to make them more appropriate for how you work.
- Find your form
In the ‘App Design’ tab open ‘Forms’ and select the form you wish to edit.
2. Drag and drop questions
left (A), which you can select and drag over to drop in the colourful App simulator (B). Change the order of the questions using the three line (C)
3. Edit the question
Click a question to open the edit screen. The edit options depend on the question. Start by changing the question text (A), and then press save.
B – this is the field name, which is where the data will be stored. This is used for filtering and in the dashboard.
C – Placeholder – this appears in the box where the answer is typed, and helps the reporter by giving an example of what answer is expected. The reporter will type over this.
D – Help text – will appear when the reporter clicks on the info button.
Make sure to save any changes. (E)
4. View in the mobile app
Open the mobile app. Click the settings icon in the top right corner (a cog for Apple, three lines for Android). Choose the ‘refresh forms’ option.
Open the mobile form, and you will see the changes that you made.
Note: manual refresh is only needed as you are ‘playing’ with the app and making changes. It will refresh automatically when people open the app.
This is a small trial system. You can do anything – send forms, make changes, invite colleagues. It is based on a small number of our forms, and there are many more available. Other features, such as bulk import of Users, are not shown here.
This advice on running a trial quickly describes the feature. To learn more, please watch our ‘getting started‘ videos.
12. What next
To learn more about the system or ask any questions please get in touch : firstname.lastname@example.org