All companies are different. Proactively comes with standard forms so that you can get started quickly. However, you may soon find that an ‘out of the box’ solution does not meet the way you are working. Proactively lets you change the App forms to:
When introducing something new, encourage people to trust the app by adding your company logo and a message about why it is important.
Open the App design > forms to see a list of all the forms in the system.
You will notice that the have different status:
You can click on a form to edit it, or choose the Add Form button in the top right to make a new form.
Choose a form and click to open in the drag and drop page. This is where you can customise the form: add questions, delete questions, change the text within questions.
1. Click on a question from the left and drag and drop it into the App on the right.
2. This will open an edit box that lets you to format the question by adding text etc. and then saving your changes
3. If you are using different languages, open the different language tabs and add a translation. The example image shows en, de and fr for english, german and french.
4. Drag the burger icon (3 blue lines) to change the question order.
5. When you have finished making changes, test the form in draft mode and then publish it.
6. To see changes in the mobile app, open the settings cog / 3 dots in the top right corner and click ‘Refresh Forms’
When the Reporter answers a question, the information is stored in a Field. Fields are used for analysis:
Choose a unique field name for each question. It should be short and associated what the answer will be. The field name can not be translated into different languages.
When reading a report in the Reports tab, you will see the field name in brackets after each question.
The field name does not show in the mobile App.
Question edit box
The mobile app knows which language a smart phone or tablet is set in, and will show a form in that language if it is available. English is the default language and shows if a translation is incomplete. Translations need to be added manually in the App Design tab
1. Open the App Design tab. In the form list make sure that your form has all the languages selected
2. Click to open the form in the drag and drop designer. Each language has it’s own tab. Click a tab, and enter the translation. Save any changes
When a translation is incomplete, the tab name is red. When it is complete the text is in blue.
The field name, which is shown in brackets, is constant across all translations, and here is in English.
When a reporter first opens that mobile App, they see the front page. You can customise this to show:
All this information can be added in App design > front page. You can also change the order that forms appear in the app by dragging the button using the hamburger icon (3 blue lines)
If your system is live and collecting real data, do NOT practice editing forms. Ask Proactively to set up a play system where you can change forms without disrupting your data.
1. In the App Design > forms, find a form that is published, and one that is in draft or disabled. Now open your mobile App. Can you see the form? Why?
(hint: remember that published forms will be shown to people who are in the team that uses that form)